Saturday, April 11, 2009

Solid Foods

We go the okay from the Dr. last week to start solid foods. So Emmett is eating 1 tablespoon of organic brown rice cereal a day. It's not a lot of food, I know but the first month is all about teaching him how to eat from a spoon and not so much about nutrition. He still gets breast fed his usual amount and that won't change for a while. I love feeding him but it takes him 20 minutes or so to eat the ONE tablespoon of food. That's an excruciating amount of time (for me). Hopefully he gets better soon.


Where's my food?


Ben used a shot glass for his bowl. It was the only thing we had that was small enough to hold 1/2 a tablespoon of food.


This rice stuff is gross. Gimme the shot glass.





What do I do with this stuff in my mouth?


Don't make me eat anymore.


This is gross.


Emmett got the hang of it by the end of week. Next food item will be green beans! Can't wait to see how he likes those!

No comments: