Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hello Mon'

Ben and I just got back from our vacation from Jamaica. It was a much needed vacation and we did a whole lot of relaxin'. This was our "babymoon" - we figured we would leave the country one more time before the baby arrives!

So let's talk numbers...
2 nights in Montego Bay
4 nights in Negril
2 friends that made the trip that much better (thanks Ann and Caroline!)
23 mosquito bites for Karen
1 big "ass" bruise on Ben's bottom from doing a cannon ball off the cliff into the ocean
5 virgin pina coladas consumed by Karen
7 Red Stripe beers consumed by Ben
?? Too many mixed drinks for Ben. We visited an all inclusive resort where the drinks were free and let's just say Ben drank his monies worth.
2 lightning storms
5 times Karen threw up while traveling

The Good:
Negril was awesome. The ocean is warm and the water is beautiful. This preggo went kayaking and snorkeling. I did a whole lot of nothing.

The Bad:
Montego Bay sucked. We stayed there for two nights. I smelled ganja (sp?) everywhere. The mosquitoes pretty much ate me alive. I could only use 10% deet and that wasn't enough to deter them. Especially since Ben wore 30% deet - who else were they going to eat but me given the choice?

The Ugly:
I get motion sickness pretty easily. Dramamine (and most over the counter medicines) are not good for the bambino. So I threw up a lot. Twice on the way to Jamaica. Three times on the way home. Not pretty. Let's just say I made up for the "no morning sickness" thing.

The Little Hut we stayed in for one night.


Love the mosquito net

The bridge that Ben jumped off from

Around the hotel grounds

We swam in the pool when the ocean was to rough

Ben lounging and Caroline on her floatie. We held our own Olympic event called
The Floatie Race. Ben versus Caroline. Caroline won cause Ben was
not allowed to use his arms.


Gold Medal goes to the big belly

Getting ready for some sun!

Dinner at the Rockhouse Hotel - this is the view!




A pina colada (virgin) for you. Cheers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! Another Karen Chang blog! Bookmark this baby! I love it!

Jbetschart said...

The comment thing is a pain but I guess it's worth it. Pictures look great belly look good. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record...didn't I kick ass in the one arm race too?

Thanks for the update and pix...love 'em!