Wednesday, July 30, 2008

People Say Weird Things to Pregnant People

This is what I have noticed now that I am CLEARLY pregnant. It was like one day my belly decide to become huge and everyone noticed. Once people see that you are pregnant they say very strange things to you.

Case #1:
I am at a party with Ben. A man asks me when I am due. I tell him October 29th. He then says, "Do you want to know what a half baby (meaning half Asian and half Caucasian) looks like?"

Ummmm...I was so caught off guard with that comment I replied, "No, thank you. I know what they look like since I have many nieces and nephews that are half."

I so WISH I said, "Yes! Absolutely. Which half are you going to show me? The top half or bottom half? If it's the bottom half then I'm sure it will look like an ass just like you!"

Case #2
I went to the DHL Shipping Center to pick up a package. I am standing in line patiently. A guy comes up to me and says, "Hey, which picture do you like better?" He whips out his iphone and shows me two pictures of the nearby nuclear power plant (which is kinda random). But I am polite and tell him I like the 2nd picture. I **think**he's flirting with me but I have no idea cause he's acting very strange. Then he looks down at my belly and says, "WOAH. You have a bump. Are you due next month or something?" I tell him that I do have a bump and due in 3 months. He then says, "Well, I'm a photographer and take pictures of pregnant ladies. If you want your picture taken just give me a call." He gives me his business card.

Let's vote on this. Which one do you think is more random?

5 comments:

Bellissima Vita said...

I vote #1.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, it may be a tie. I am trying to figure out what #1 was talking about and I think he may just be ignorant? #2 seems a little creepy. DO NOT LET HIM TAKE ANY PICTURES OF MY SECOND COUSIN!!!!!!! People are weird....makes the world go round!
Love to the peanut~ Kris

Nicole Flores said...

Ewww. Both are bad: #1 for the ignorance factor and #2 for the creep-out factor.

Sadly, I think they'll both have competition soon in the "weird things" category -- when you become pregnant, it seems all social boundaries disappear and people think they can say anything to you! (And you can look forward to a whole other set of intrusive questions and comments when the kid is on the outside...) But it certainly does keep life interesting and makes for some good stories/laughs. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't think either are random. I think #1 is an a**hole and #2 is a pervert. Do you have any people coming up to you saying anything that isn't totally obnoxious or creepy?

Anonymous said...

So I'm not sure which is more weird...but I have to say the other thing that begins to happen as your belly starts showing more is that random people come up to you and just start touching your belly...I'm not very fond of randoms toucing me uninvited!!! Hope you are doing well.